Thursday, March 5, 2015

Updating Sickrage - PAIN

the other day I installed sickrage on my raspberry pi and today morning I found that there are 200+ commits are are not updated on my installation.

We I tried all sorts to update my installation but nothing worked out. Ultimately I decided to stay with the current version. BUT to my surprise, my sickrage installation stopped downloading any new episode.

I need to do something now. Below are the steps followed to fix the issue. (taking a backup of sickrage via its web UI is never a bad idea before starting.)



mv /home/pi/sickrage/ /home/pi/sickrage-backup

sudo git clone https://github.com/SiCKRAGETV/SickRage.git /home/pi/sickrage

sudo chown -R 777 /home/pi/sickrage

sudo chmod -R 777 /home/pi/sickrage

cp /home/pi/sickrage-backup/config.ini /home/pi/sickrage/

cp /home/pi/sickrage-backup/sickbeard.db /home/pi/sickrage/

mkdir /home/pi/sickrage/cache

cp -a /home/pi/sickrage-backup/cache/. /home/pi/sickrage/cache/

sudo service sickrage start



Followed by a system reboot the issue is resolved with all my data intact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment